When it comes to men's fashion, trousers are an essential staple. They are classic pieces that can easily be dressed up or down, making them the perfect addition to any man's wardrobe. However, just because trousers are a classic doesn't mean you have to stick to traditional styling rules. In fact, breaking the rules can lead to some seriously creative and unique outfit choices.
How to look smart in men's trousers even when you are new in the styling game?
For men who are beginners with trousers, the thought of styling them can be intimidating. However, with a few simple tips, styling trousers can become a breeze. Here are some styling tips for men who are beginners with trousers:
- Start with neutral colours: If you're new to wearing trousers, start with neutral colours like black, navy, and grey. These are versatile and easy-to-style shades, making them perfect for beginners.
- Get the right fit: The fit of your trousers is crucial. Make sure you get the right size and length, so they fit comfortably and look flattering. A tailor can help with any adjustments needed.
- Pair with a collared shirt: For a classic look, pair your trousers with a collared shirt. A white or blue dress shirt is always a safe bet, but you can also experiment with different colours and patterns.
- Invest in good shoes: The shoes you wear with your trousers can make or break the outfit. Invest in a good pair of dress shoes, such as Oxfords or loafers, to complete the look.
- Play with textures: Mixing textures is an easy way to add interest to an outfit. Pair a wool trousers with a denim jacket, or cotton trouser with leather shoes. It's all about experimenting and finding what works for you.
- Don't be afraid to roll up the cuffs: Rolling up the cuffs of your trousers is a simple but effective styling choice. It can make your legs look longer and add some personality to your outfit.
- Start with slim-fit trousers: Slim-fit trousers are a great option for beginners. They are modern and versatile, and they can easily be dressed up or down.
- Don't forget the belt: A belt is not only functional but also adds a finishing touch to your outfit. Choose a belt that complements your trousers and shoes, and make sure it fits properly.
- Keep it simple: When in doubt, keep it simple. Stick to classic styles and neutral colours, and don't try to do too much at once. As you become more comfortable styling trousers, you can start to experiment with bolder choices.
Creative ways to style men's trousers:
One of the easiest ways to break the traditional styling rules when it comes to men's trousers is to play with prints and patterns. Instead of sticking to plain colours like black, navy, or grey, experiment with bold prints and patterns like plaid, stripes, or florals. A printed trouser can easily make a statement and take your outfit to the next level. If you're new to prints and patterns, start with a subtle print like pinstripes and work your way up to bolder prints like leopard or camo.
Another way to add some creativity to your trouser game is to mix and match different textures. For example, pair a wool trousers with a leather jacket or a denim trousers with a cashmere sweater. Mixing textures adds depth and interest to an outfit, and it's a great way to break out of the traditional mould.
If you're tired of the same old neutral-coloured trousers, why not add some colour to your wardrobe? Brightly coloured trousers can instantly make your outfit more interesting, and it's a great way to break out of your comfort zone. If you're not sure where to start, try bold red or green trousers and pair them with a neutral top.
Who says trousers are only for the office? Dressing up your trousers is a great way to add some creativity to your outfit. Instead of pairing them with a traditional button-down shirt, try a fitted turtleneck or a statement jacket. Accessorize with a pocket square or tie, and you'll be sure to turn heads.
Traditionally, men's trousers are either a slim fit or straight leg, but there are so many other fits to explore. From wide-leg to tapered to relaxed, there's a fit for every occasion. Experimenting with different fits can add a lot of variety to your wardrobe and can even change the overall look of an outfit.
Rolling up the cuffs of your trousers is a small but impactful styling choice. It's an easy way to add some personality to your outfit and can even make your legs look longer. Try rolling up the cuffs of your trousers and pairing them with some statement socks for an extra pop of colour.
Layering is a great way to add some creativity to your trouser game. Try layering a long tunic over slim-fitting trousers or a cropped jacket over wide-leg trousers. Layering can add depth and interest to an outfit and is a great way to experiment with different textures and styles.
Who says you have to wear dress shoes with your trousers? Sneakers are a great way to add a casual and relaxed vibe to your outfit. Whether you opt for classic white sneakers or something more statement-making.
Styling trousers can be intimidating for beginners, but with the right tips and tricks, it can become second nature. Remember to start with neutral colours, get the right fit, and invest in good shoes and a belt. Don't be afraid to experiment with textures and cuffing your trousers.So, headover to Double two and browse through our collection today!